When done right, nude lipstick can be uniquely sexy. But done wrong, nude lipstick can make you look more drained and washed out. Check out these do’s and don’ts….
- DO choose a nude lipstick that is within two shades of your natural lip color.
- DO make sure to exfoliate your lips before beginning your makeup routine. Try lightly scrubbing your lips with a toothbrush to remove dead skin.
- DO use a lip balm or moisturizing primer before applying lipstick. Nude lipsticks tend to be chalkier so this will allow for smoother application.
- DO add a dab of gloss after applying nude lipstick to create volume and prevent creasing.
- DO apply a peach or bronze blush to the apples of your cheeks to keep your face looking vibrant.
- DON’T choose a color that is lighter than your natural shade. This will make you appear washed out and sickly.
- DON’T use a frosted lipstick. Anything with a frosty finish will make your lips appear small and thin.
- DON’T apply foundation to your lips before or after applying a nude lipstick.
- DON’T use lip liner unless it is exactly the same shade as your lipstick. The idea is to look natural – not painted.
- DON’T forget to brush your teeth! A pale lip color can make teeth appear
yellowish so make sure to polish those pearly whites.